steca 500 w grid tied inverter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss steca 500 w grid tied inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

poheZ

HI

Still a pv virgin ans wondered what people think of the following design.

Steca 500w inverter

3 et solar 185w panels

the Steca data sheet indciates that a min dc input voltage of 72v is required, the et solar panels have a max voltage output of 36v per panel (giving 118v peak). Given that peak output wont normally happen am i at risk of not meeting the min volatge requirement for the inverter?

any guidance would be good!

Hi Pohez

Give me all the design data and I can run it through PVSOL for you.

Your nearest big town or city (for location) Manufacture, make & model number of panel. Manufacture, make & model number of inverter, Orientation and pitch of roof. Not to worried about shading as your only trying to see if panels and inverter are compatible.

Hi poheZ

Just ran it through PVSOL. Sorry to say its over current to the inverter. I have an alternative but do you want me to tell you or do you want to work it out? I will try and attach some screen pictures I took of the outcome once I load them on the laptop.

Pictures. I hope?

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] steca 500 w grid tied inverter
    PVSOL 3.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 54
    PVSOL 2.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 36
    PVSOL 1.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 38
hi

Thanks for you time, much appreciated

I guess that is what happens when you dont think it through!

I did run it through mastervolt design software with a soladin 600 and it looks ok.

What did your pv sol suggest? What pvsol did you get and how much did you pay? Is it worth it?

Get some jobs under your belt first. PVSOL is good so long as you know what your putting in it and its about £400 ish.

The Mastervolt Soladin is not on PVSOL and I havn't added it yet but I will just to check. But yes with the Mastervolt software it works fine.

The Steca 500 works fine on the 3 x ET180wt panel. ET 572180.

Hi poheZ

Just ran it through PVSOL. Sorry to say its over current to the inverter. I have an alternative but do you want me to tell you or do you want to work it out? I will try and attach some screen pictures I took of the outcome once I load them on the laptop.
Thanks for this as I am in a bit of a jam at the moment with a similar situation. What do you mean by over current to the invertor. Does this mean I have wasted my money. Trying to get MCS registered.

Reply to steca 500 w grid tied inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back