Steel conduit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Steel conduit in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Missing-spark

Did the 2394 written exam found it fairly simple enough. I hope haha got a question come up about steel conduit it said

a steel conduit system needs to be check before any cable is installed name five checks you would carry out and what you are doing by doing each check?

just wanna see if people give the same answers as me. I never work with steel conduit I do domestic only

A fault path for a tns system and describe it. 15 marks. Had to describe a rcd test and an insulation resistance test as a whole. They were the big mark questions

Feel confident about that question now I got feedback on it. It was worth 10 mark!!

Corrosion, exposed threads of joints painted, bends don't exceed 180 degrees between inspection points or accessories, suitable for its environment (chemical, weather etc.).

Stick your finger in the end and check for sharp burrs ... if you have excessive bleeding of the finger its a fail and requires de-burring.

With several fingers to go at you should see you getting through a large amount if your consider a 5% fail rate.

Stick your finger in the end and check for sharp burrs ... if you have excessive bleeding of the finger its a fail and requires de-burring.

With several fingers to go at you should see you getting through a large amount if your consider a 5% fail rate.

The rule I was taught by was this:

Spark ....Have you filed that metal/reamed that conduit ?
Me ........Yep
Spark ....Would you run your bellend over it ?
Me ........Err probably not
Spark ....Then you haven't finished filing... do it until you would be happy to do what I just said.

Reply to Steel conduit in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net