Storage Heater Bricks... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Storage Heater Bricks... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
How long do they take to heat up in a new storage heater, ie first time? Theres power going to the heater just wondering how long before should start feeling any kind of heat of the heater? :confused:

This would be a variable depending on the Kw rating of the heater, the mass of the storage bricks/water and their specific heat capacity (plus a few other factors).

I'll throw in the first wild guess at half an hour. Why do you want to know? If you're wondering if it's working just test the current it's drawing. Maybe if you give a make & model number someone will give you an accurate answer. Even attach a photo would possibly help.

Last edited:
if they are dimplex you would notice heat straight away all beit a small amount,depends on how much the input selector is turned up,awful whiff from them for the first 48hrs or so,they will not be fully charged with heat until had a full night and again depends how high input turned up and if the room they are in is already warm will cut off via the stat in rear of unit(dimplex)xl series automatic.

It should draw about 3.7Amps if you have a clamp ammeter.

What advantages does an elaborate and expensive storage heater like that have over a standard flat panel type heater like these? Electric Wall Panel Heater | Econo-Heat Global HQ, South Africa

Costs ........................they are normally used on a low tariff such as economy 7 hence the name Night storage heaters. I have not dealt in these for years, and so I'm sure they are much more efficient that the old types that to be honest were not worth it IMO

Reply to Storage Heater Bricks... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net