Storage Heater Problem | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Storage Heater Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sl1210

Went to a job last week to check a faulty storage heater. I reset the thermal cutout and bypassed the economy 7 to test the heater. Both elements seemed to work fine.

Apparently the heater is not working again, i'm guessing its the thermal cutout again.

Any reason why it keeps resetting??? Does the whole storage heater need replacing???

Cheers

If it's cut-out a second time it could be a faulty thermostat. You can get retro-fit kits for some makes of storage heater. I've changed a few where the cut-out terminations have overheated, can't remember the make I'm afraid.

How old is the heater?,on dimplex and similar to check that the stat is operating correctly and when the supply is off i put my hand over the temperature sensor located under the heater and turn the dial up/down there you should hear a click on/off,you could do a resistance test on the elements and continuity test all input/through controls and to elements,but as someone ,i have previously known poor factory finish causing this and slight adjustment sorted the problems.

Reply to Storage Heater Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi Did you ever manage to fix this problem? If you could tell us how that would be great! Thanks
Replies
Views
Thanks all for the suggestions! Customer doesn't store anything else in the cupboard with the tank, not even towels or sheets. Heatrae stat is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fantastic thanks Freddo that last photo confirms all your suggestions so I’ll get back over and remove the links and test. Thanks again!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thought this was sounding a bit familiar. A thread on the same subject from 2021,, There's a link to the manual, but no diagrams, in my post #2...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks