storage heater | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss storage heater in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

harold_dcfc

Hi im installing a storage heater in a bathroom. As its 0.9kw ive done a calc of 1.5mm cable. As its dragging around 4amps im unsure of what size rcd to install. And as its going on an eco7 property and fitting to the night side i wont need a timer.
Any advice please

Harold your profile says you are a fully qualified Electrician yet your asking a question worthy of a DIYer .... what do you mean what size rcd ... if you require rcd protection then look up this easy to find query in the BS7671 Green book or even the on site guide.

As the question is too simple for words i regret ill not be answering it!

Even if this is 2weeks old at 6months recently qualified this kind of question should still be wet in ink on his college notes but seriously im dumbfounded at the level of this from someone with a 17th qual' regardless of where you work industrial, domestic or commercial the same regs are still referenced... im sorry Harold this is on the same level as asking how to wire a plug top and saying your qualified but never used a flex before.

Last edited:
I came across an "electrican" a few weeks back that was convinced I couldn't use a 80A-rated RCD in a shed, because it was too high a current for the circuit (there were MCBs in the shed CU as well). I gave up trying to explain.

Problem is on here is we get classed as bullies or up our own asses for pointing these things out but sorry questions of this level is expected off a DIYer id be surprised if a first year apprentice had to ask this - if you just left college and don't know this i beggar to wonder how simply rhe exams must be.

OP is possibly a Electrical Trainee the likes of which we often slag off for this very reason.

Boydy

Are you sure?

They are taught to pray to the 7671

They have seen the contents within, easy question really.

There is no excuse not to have the regs book and the onsite guide

Reply to storage heater in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net