street light problem | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss street light problem in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

zone77

-
Reaction score
i was recently asked to sort out a street light that wasnt working and found the light sensor was faulty so changed it and swapped lamp. now the lamp strikes on but doesnt stay on. is there a way to test for faulty ballast or choke? not very experienced with this stuff. :confused:

As benji said did you chech whether the was a E or I onthe lamp before you replaced the lamp as some have an external ignitor and some an internal ignitor.

If you replace the lamp and it still does not work it is quicker to change the ballast and ignitor rather than mess around swopping each until it works, it may be cheaper and quicker to change the whole fitting

I done alot of parking lot luminaires and if ballast or ingitors is not working after a simple lamp repalce I just swap the whole kit in and be done with it due most parking lot luminaire are mounted pretty high 10 to 15 meter up typically recentally before I went to France the last one I done is replace 70 lamps , 18 ballasts all of them wired at 277 volts triphase supply to handle the whole lot.

that lot took me most of nite to replace all of the lamps { the reason due the parking lot is empty so I can move quicker instead of jocking around with parked cars which I hate the most }

Merci,Marc

Reply to street light problem in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
UPDATE, after contacting Paypal, uploading all the emails and evidence the sending the transformer back I have now received a full refund...
Replies
Views
As a trainee, one of the things I've tried to focus on to deepen my interest in the world of electrics, is the space for creativity. I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Mice are one option, as in they might have nibbles both L and N over a segment, but most circuits seemed OK so far and no other evidence of an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My bafflement increases. I swapped the offending light with one elsewhere on the back of the house - one of those that's on a circuit of its own...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Gingerrubix, The fact that your previous Tenant replaced a faulty socket plate which he used for an external EV, raises an eyebrow. Also your...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks