Sunny Design 2.01 problems | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sunny Design 2.01 problems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mac1

Hi, when using sunny design for the following set up the sanyo HIT-240HDE4 output less than 240 watt phono solar PS240M-20U modules, the sanyo modules are clearly more efficient am I doing anything wrong??
location Birmingham
Azimuth 0 deg
Inclination 30 deg
PV modules 2 x 8 total 16
Inverter SB 4000-20

Sanyo Annual yield 3299.70kWh
Phono solar Annual yield 3328.20kWh

Any ideas ?? this can't be correct the sanyo modules should output more.

I got 3388kWh using the Sanyo panels and SMA 4000TL inverter and 3049kWh on the Phono panels using PV Sol.

But got the same results as you did using Sunny design 2.01

Thank you for your quick reply, I thought SMA were perfect !! I wander if you can rely on any of the data from SMA now, why can't they get things right. What PV Sol software are you using I think I'll look at getting that. thanks again.

Thank you for your quick reply, I thought SMA were perfect !! I wander if you can rely on any of the data from SMA now, why can't they get things right. What PV Sol software are you using I think I'll look at getting that. thanks again.

I currently run PVSol 4.0 but will upgrade to Expert in August. 3D and picture imports is a good tool to have also.

I run SMA and other inverter software just as a back up to confirm inverter suitability but never used them for kWh use.

Hi Mark,
Was it difficult to learn ? Did you go on any of their training courses ?
Out of interest do you think the SMA 4000TL inverter is the correct choice or would you undersize to say the SB 3300 ?
thanks
Mac

Hi Mark,
Was it difficult to learn ? Did you go on any of their training courses ?
Out of interest do you think the SMA 4000TL inverter is the correct choice or would you undersize to say the SB 3300 ?
thanks
Mac

PVSol. No training but many an hour practicing and experimenting and checking results with inverter software.

The TL looks OK. Just consider the 3.68kW grid connection limit under G83-1. <16amps per phase. I have never used the TL range form SMA and prefer the HF range. Saves bonding etc. I'm not sure if the TL is a power limiter unit. Someone might be able to answer that but my fear would be it is over the 3.68 limit.

The SB330 would mean combing two strings to one before entering the inverter (according to sunny design) but is under the G83-1 limit.

There seems to only be 20kWh between either of them.

Thanks for that info. I called EON about the limit they will connect in my area and they say they work only on the total panel size being under 4kw they don't seem bothered about the 230v x 16amps just 4kw max. I understand your concern with it being a the 4kw inverter. So many different answers to this limit thing !!
Thanks
Mac.

Thanks for that info. I called EON about the limit they will connect in my area and they say they work only on the total panel size being under 4kw they don't seem bothered about the 230v x 16amps just 4kw max. I understand your concern with it being a the 4kw inverter. So many different answers to this limit thing !!
Thanks
Mac.

I wish my DNO was Eon.......................! I've given up with UKPN.....!

EON do you mean central networks/ western power? (as they are now)
If it is you'll need to apply as this is over the 3.68kw limit some time ago we were told by a dno that we would'nt have to apply up to 4kw ,when we sent in the paperwork they replied stating that the systems had not been applied for and would need to be processed now we apply for everything >3.68 and also if we think there may be issues with the supply
(3.68 kw this is based on the 3.7kw maximum allowable inbalance between phases)
as for the 4000TL we've done a lot of these with several models of sanyo and with good results

Hi thank you for that, I will make an application, have you ever had any rejected above the 3.68kw and below 4.0kw ? Can you apply for more than 4.0kw on a single phase and move down to the next tariff ? Thanks

Reply to Sunny Design 2.01 problems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net