Suppliers getting very fussy about paying first few units!! Isn't this just theft! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Suppliers getting very fussy about paying first few units!! Isn't this just theft! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GreggElectrical

I'm getting annoyed with suppliers refusing to pay the first few days generation. We fill all our paperwork in on the final day on a laptop and print off everything including handover documents e.t.c. We then fill in the customers FIT application and mail it on the way home. So why do suppliers keep telling me they need another reading 2 weeks later once they have processed the paper work!? Surely I can do no more than give them the reading on the day, (which is 0). If they insist on getting another reading later on then what is the point of asking for one on the application!

Either they don't believe the zero reading or are just trying to get out of paying for the first 180 units or so. Its Bloody annoying when we go to a lot of trouble to ensure the customer receives all of there generation income.

Worst culprit.....British Gas. (oh wait....haven't they just been fined for poor customer service?)

Sod em, I'm gonna stop telling them when there meters go backwards!

Rant over.

Re: Suppliers getting very fussy about paying first few units!! Isn't this just theft

Agreed. British Gas are by far the worst culprits. Shocking company. We're finding E-On are the best to deal with.

Re: Suppliers getting very fussy about paying first few units!! Isn't this just theft

It is very, very annoying I totally agree! I do wonder if they will pay FIT for 25 years from the commissioning date or from the date of that first reading? If it is the latter then I can see some argument that customers will not lose out in the long run. If it is the former then it is as you say, theft!

We used to like E-ON's approach to things but recently their tone has changed (at least with our customers) and they seem to be following the same route as BG. I have found Good Energy and Ecotricity to be pretty fair and I am always mindful to let the customer know that they do not have to claim FIT form their current supplier if they do not want to.

Suppliers' websites - look for their FiT section. The forms are a quick downlaod and the customer can fill in most of it. Tell the customer to check out the forms before the install date so they've got them downloaded and filled in ready. Scottish adn Southern like to know in advance that the install's going to happen, so if the customer emails them a week ahead they should be able to claim from day one.

PJ

Reply to Suppliers getting very fussy about paying first few units!! Isn't this just theft! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net