suppliers main fuse next door | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss suppliers main fuse next door in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ian1511

been to look at a job today and the main cutout is in next doors property.anyone come across this before,its a semi detatched property,never at any time been one house.surely once customer has informed dno they should be out to inspect and move into customers house.any thoughts?

If the CU is on fire and you cannot isolate the tails, due to next door being on holiday, then there is a problem.

Almost makes having lights in a bathroom on an RCD look like a joke.

Very common here in Bury St Edmunds, 3 phases into cellar, then 1 phase goes out either way through the cellars to the adjoining properties.

I always get the customer to contact the DNO, they have allways replaced this with new supplies to each house, often at great trouble, roads up, paths closed and loads of mess!

For you younger viewers, this was common practice, when the majority of installations were powering just some lights and perhaps a TV or a fridge.
When you could make free phone calls by tapping out the number on the cradle and Mars bars cost a tanner.

jus seen ur post cbw,have left ball in customers hands so am waiting to hear outcome.it also never had a main earth,should i go ahead an put rods in or wait for dno's decision or try an get one via next door?

I have seen nextdoor looped from the top of the cutout so 2 properties run off one 80A cutout fuse which is handy if the fuse blows and no one is home to gain access to fuse. It is more usual from the bottom of the cutout. And yes it is very common to find looped services from adjascent properties round here too (east coast).

I've seen it once, the supply for both properties came in through my customers house and fed to neighbours via tails.

The neighbour had overloaded their supply and the tails started smoking.

The DNO agreed to put in a separate feed to neighbour.

Reply to suppliers main fuse next door in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net