Supply to a garden hut | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Supply to a garden hut in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bul

-
Reaction score
I have an armour cable out to a garden hut and used a RCD 2 way consumer unit.

The supply comes from an MCB in the consumer unit into a rcd/spur and out on the armour cable.

There are 2 rcds I know. Would you use a fused spur on its own to protect the armour cable (instead of the rcd/spur) and would a standard fuse provide discrimination to avoid nuisance tripping?

As always comments appreciated.

i wouldnt neccesarly use an FCU. i would joint it an thats it. no need to introduce more protective devices into the circuit that are not needed. Also the MCB would react long before the fuse thought about it IMO. This is assuming of course that the supply cable to the SWA doesnt require RCD protection, and that you will provide RCD protection to the final circuits at the other end, if its needed.

Reply to Supply to a garden hut in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Thanks for that guys I was more thinking about difference in potential between the tub and wet paving flags . The tub is plastic . But it’s the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Two electrical supplies and a single immersion element Content of the thread: Good afternoon, new joiner here with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think there is a little truth in what the guy in the video says, but he makes more out of it than he should. A N-E fault on a circuit protected...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Been looking at the brochure on Hager over the weekend and trying to work out what I may need. I don't have anything decent to make a wiring...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks