Supply to Cess pit.. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Supply to Cess pit.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

screech

Hey guys.

I looked at a job yesterday for a couple who have just moved. They are talking about doing a few things in the near future, Inc a supply to the shed which I'm going to do in a couple of weeks time.

When having a look at the fuseboard, there's a supply to a cess pit, and there's also a double pole switch for it. They've come out the MCB into the bottom of the DPS then out through an SWA.
Can anyone think why there would need to be a double pole switch on this?
It would be handy if I could take it out as there's not a lot of room left in there as it stands!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Supply to Cess pit..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Cess pits need a double pole isolator as you need to isolate the supply as im sure you are aware ,this should be by the cess pit IP68 rotary isolator ,but as you have not mentioned it in assuming its not , looking at the board its a main switch RCD as we know no longer complies could be an idea to sugest an upgrade and change the board to a hi integrety and install the cess pit on its own RCBO and check to see what Local isolation is by the cess pit

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, i wasnt aware that the cess pit needed a double pole isolator, i can understand it will need one outside by the cess pit itself, but not this one in the board :S

It is an RCD main switch board, which i am going to suggest an upgrade to a 17th ed double split load jobby, but i dont think they are going to want to spensd the money, as 'this one works' etc (that will be their words.)

cheers

Its a round bit of solid copper. It does look at 'bit' mis match to be honest!

I will recommend changing it, though i think they'll say something like why didn't i say about it the other day, dam it, i should have!

cheers

Reply to Supply to Cess pit.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net