Supply to garage | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Supply to garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

holmes571

Hello All,

Just looking for a little bit of advice/ opinion as I am a bit undecided as how to complete a job in my own house. Looking at putting power supply into new garage running 4mm T & E from consumer unit up in a void, under bedroom floor to adaptable box on outside wall then changing to 4mm SWA and carrying on to two way CU in garage. Would you put RCD at house CU or garage CU. Submain will not be entirely SWA and will be under floor in house so needs RCD protection but I dont feel comfortable with no RCD in garage for some reason. Anyway my question is where would you put RCD house or garage. Supply in house is TNS and garage is about 3 metres from house.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

do the entire job in swa and you'll only need an rcd in the garage unit , which will work better than having to walk back to the house to reset the rcd if it trips.

do the entire job in swa and you'll only need an rcd in the garage unit , which will work better than having to walk back to the house to reset the rcd if it trips.

Agree.
Or use an RCD upfront and Hightuff cable straight into a 2-way CU in the garage.
Lots of ways to do this tbh.

Reply to Supply to garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Your kWh figures are giving you consumption averaged over each hour period, but don't give an indication of total instantaneous current. To try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views
Hi all, I recently moved to an older property that had a run down garage. We had this removed and a summer house put up in its place. The old...
Replies
Views
  • Question
wouldn't surprise me if we adopt this sooner or later...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Without specific information I could only a give belt and braces ‘cover all bases answer which will definitely be costing you considerably more...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks