supply to house | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss supply to house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gregmac

hi

first post

i went to look at a job tonight. the isolator for the house is outside on the garage around 12metres away from cu. the supply needs changed as it is joined onto a 10mm t&e which isnt a pretty joint.

the house is a 3 bed bungalow. what size of swa would you recommened to run in? i was thinking of glanding it into an enclosure and having henley blocks inside it with 25mm tails coming out of it?

also i done a ze on the property at the isolator and there is on earth. which means i will need to make it a tt system.

i have never done an earth spike before as i am not long time served. i was going to put the spike outside the property in an appropriate enclosure.. what size of earth from the spike to the cu would i need to run?
#
could someone give me some advicde on how they would tackle this please

would be much appreciated

16mm earth ,use threaded earth rod so you can get down deep as the standard 1 metre ones are not usually long enough,also you can buy a special earth rod pit made by Furse, which is like a stop tap cover only a bit bigger.Watch out for buried services when driving the rod in.

16mm earth ,use threaded earth rod so you can get down deep as the standard 1 metre ones are not usually long enough,also you can buy a special earth rod pit made by Furse, which is like a stop tap cover only a bit bigger.Watch out for buried services when driving the rod in.

Will do thanks for response. Any suggestions on the suplly i was on about

if the DNO fuse is 100A, use 25mm. if 80A or 60A, you can yse 16mm. switch fuse required within 3m of service head if tails over 3m. earthing conductor to rod needs to be 6mm or over.

if the DNO fuse is 100A, use 25mm. if 80A or 60A, you can yse 16mm. switch fuse required within 3m of service head if tails over 3m. earthing conductor to rod needs to be 6mm or over.

Would urecommened glanding into am enclosure at both cu and dno isolator side joining armour into henley blocks with 25mm tails coming out or...

Before you start driving in rods and creating a TT system, give your local DNO a call to find out if your local DNO supply has been PM'Ed!!

If your out of luck with the PME. ...As suggested earlier, use 5/8'' extendable rods and use at the very least 2 of them coupled together for depth and system stability. Don't drive rods within a metre of external walls, as you will hit all the old builders rubble. Also as suggested earlier use a flush to ground earth pit box, which will protect your rod and connection and also give a means
of visual location for the future...

Reply to supply to house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net