supply to my garage | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss supply to my garage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ample current

I have run a 2.5mm 3 core armoured cable from my cu in the house connected to a 16 amp cb on the rcd side of the cu. this runs approx 20m to the garage and is connected to 4 double sockets and a fused connection unit to 2 flouresent tubes. The sockets rarely power more than 2 items and Zs is below way below 2.87ohms. is it ok like this or does the garage require its own cu?

I have used the 3rd conductor as the earth but i have connected the armour and the terminal boxes at either end to the MET also the Zs was checked b4 i connected the armouring.
I cant remeber the exact figure of Zs now ( idont think it was over 1 ohm, my Ze is 0.21, i have a TN-C-S supply ) and i can find the note pad i wrote it down on, i thing the missus used it as a phookin shopping list.

Thanks

Sounds fine to me too, ideally yo could have put a little 2way db with rcd main switch in the garage and covered sub main with time delay rcd to prevent nuisance tripping in the house if there's a fault in the garage as tel says
that would be for TT though dan.....dont forget that the earthing arrangement here is TN-C-S....and the garage feed is using an earthed mettalic covering (armoured)....so best to RCD it at the garage end (sub board)....just feed the armoured of an MCB on an unprotected way in the house C/U

Thank you all for your replies

The reason i did it this way was to keep the circuit a radial circiut part of the house installation as apposed to the swa cable being a supply cable, or does this not make any difference except reg 411.3.2.3 on page 47 in the red book.

Havent shelled out an a green one yet !!

Reply to supply to my garage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net