Supply to Outdoor Garage | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Supply to Outdoor Garage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hutch6447

Right! Armoured cable connected to downstairs ring main running out to garage, hooking up with a garage consumer board then supplies 1 x light and 1 x radial with 1 x double plug socket. The lights are ran of a 6A mcb and the radial is ran of a 20A mcb and protected by an RCD, now my question is because he has not ran the outdoor Consumer board back to the Main Board on its own circuit (which I would prefer) and he has connected it to downstairs ring main, do the sockets and light switches have to be fused or does the garage board count as enough fuse protection to run the sockets off? Just want some confirmation Thanks.

Not quite sure what you are hoping to achieve by fusing the light switches and sockets in the garage.

I assume there is no 'fuse' protection for the spur off the ring to the garage unit, in which case the cable should really be 4mm at least. So all that is protecting the supply to the garage is the 32A MCB (?) for the ring. In which case garage consumer unit mcbs are probably enough to protect the ring from inadvertant tripping.

No its TNS and it was a ring final it was on, its all fine now I have ran it to the DB Board on its own circuit gut feeling said that was correct thing to do also considerable better reading when tested although when it was attached to ring final it didn't fail and was still well below Rule of Thumb for Ring Final. Anyway on its own circuit now and yes piece of mind is nice!

Reply to Supply to Outdoor Garage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net