supply to shed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss supply to shed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

funkybubble

hi all,i am helping a friend get a supply to his shed,he wants two double sockets and two strip lights.from the main board to the outhouse is a socket which is protected by a 30A breaker and we are thinking of putting a switched fused spur off that socket and running the shed sockets from there,the cable run to the shed is 12m.im pretty sure the best method would be to install another small board in the outhouse and run the circuits from there but i dont see why we couldnt just run from the socket?
im also unsure about the lighting because the outhouse light is part of the downstairs lighting circuit and to tap off that may be asking too much?i havnt done any calcs yet but im hoping someone could maybe point me in the right direction?
thanks

thankyou,definitly the best option.

Not trying to be clever here but before you start this adventure just think that this work is either notifiable or needs certifying by a Sparks.

I'm pretty sure by your design and terminology that your not a sparks, so if you notify this then it could cost you nearly as much as getting a sparks in as you need to pay LABC, buy or rent test equipment, then LABC ignore your tests becasue your not a sparks, and send an approved contractor who will charge the LABC who will charge you.

Apart from all above, there is nothing stopping you not notifying, doing the install and carrying on happy as can be. Apart from when you sell and no certifiaction is availalbe for the work, or you have a fire and insurance people see same and not pay out.

But apart from all that, just think how much better you would feel if it was done correctly.

Reply to supply to shed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net