Sweb | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sweb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Arms
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get carp for this post, and I know what I'm asking about is a dangerous bit of kit OK. When I worked for the SWEB in Bath we were issued with Drumond test lamps, and a black, yes here goes a black neon tester, I'm a bit of a anorak as far as old tools are concerned and I can't for the life of me remember the make of them, they were basically black with a screwdriver end and a cap with a clip on the other end, does anyone remember them? if so grateful if you could let me know.

i found this on ebay last week. got it for £1.30

[ElectriciansForums.net] Sweb

At that sort of price for a neon tester, i'm wondering just how many they sell a year?? Surely there can't be that many plonkers about that'll cough up nearly 30 quid, for a neon tester when for a literary a few quid more you can purchase a real voltage tester that will show you the actual voltage value being tested!!

Then again, nothing much surprises me anymore!! lol!!

At that sort of price for a neon tester, i'm wondering just how many they sell a year?? Surely there can't be that many plonkers about that'll cough up nearly 30 quid, for a neon tester when for a literary a few quid more you can purchase a real voltage tester that will show you the actual voltage value being tested!!

Then again, nothing much surprises me anymore!! lol!!

Nor me mate, it would have been nice to add one to my collection but at that price, if anyone sees one knocking around grateful if you could let me know

Pete
we don't use them anymore but there might be some old ones kicking around I'll have a look next time I'm in the stores and let you know.

i've always thought they were a rip off, but there is still a lot being used by the metering companies.

Pete
we don't use them anymore but there might be some old ones kicking around I'll have a look next time I'm in the stores and let you know.

i've always thought they were a rip off, but there is still a lot being used by the metering companies.

Thanks Stu, that would be great.

Martindale made one,black tube with a slot in the side where you could see the neon and a domed silver coloured cap on top with a pen clip on the side,these were issued to BG workers back in the 80's.Re the drummond I've just gone back to using one but have bought the tricolour led lamp for it,kewtech rb1.

Reply to Sweb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net