Switching relay | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Switching relay in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
x

I am setting up a series of fish rearing tanks. Each tank will have a 240v centrifuge to collect sediment as I’m drawing water from my lake. The centrifuge has an automatic switch off when the sediment builds up and needs emptied. In the water line is a 240v 30amp UV sterilisation light. If the centrifuge automatically switches off the UV light will overheat and blow the expensive bulb.

What switching relay can I use to switch the UV light off. I can take a live and neutral feed from the centrifuge pumps feed to power the switching relay on to keep the UV power supply open. When the centrifuge automatically switches it pumps off and power feed stops to the relay switch I need it to switch off the UV’s power supply. I can’t put them both on the same supply as the centrifuge supply will still be live even though the pump supply is switch off.

I was looking at the TE Connectivity T92P7A22-240-6-1393211-2

But can’t find a wiring diagram to see if it can be wired to do what I require.

If you could tell me what to use and how to wire it up it would be much appreciated.

expensive bulb
A single lamp?

In similar set ups I've seen banks of UV lamps but never seen a single lamp set up!
The largest irrigation set up Ive been involved with was only 2x 55w units.
A simple lighting contactor would do the job, I would probably use min 40A as possibly an inductive load!

In the water line is a 240v 30amp UV sterilisation light. If the centrifuge automatically switches off the UV light will overheat and blow the expensive bulb.
I'm just trying to understand the current your suggested relay needs to handle. Surely the above is not the running current of the lamp? That would equate to about 7kW and would boil the fish!
Maybe the rating of the supply, but surely not the bulb? Is it 30Watts?

Reply to Switching relay in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net