Symbol | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Symbol in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
[ElectriciansForums.net] Symbol
Can anyone tell me what this symbol represents? I can't find it in BS 7671 or the OSG.

Its like a single socket but mounted to one side of a rectangular box.

It's situated in the kitchen of a floor plan for a domestic dwelling.

Also, can someone advise why certain symbols (like this) are in red, while others are in blue.

Many thanks.

Probably someone's attempt at a cooker control with low level hob ignition point.

Thanks Topquark; that does seem the most likely explanation: there are a number of appliance spaces shown in the drawing, but they're not defined. The others only show a single socket, I just wondered if this symbol had any other significance.

Thanks

Many firms tend to have an habit off inventing symbols including architects when they cant find one to suit, as with all plans a KEY' should be attached, if not then ask, is it a supply for a socket on a island unit?

I think this must be a non-standard symbol. Although something similar could be derived from BS EN 60617 symbols it would make very little sense in it's current form ... Source or destination device box at the top (this would normally have a qualifying label inside the box) mated to a socket with an oblique cable marker (this would normally have a qualifying label indicating the number of cores/ways in the cable/socket).

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Symbol in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net