Tek 775 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tek 775 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone used one of these earth leakage clamps. Weighing up the TEK775 and the Di-Log. My 1st MFT was a Metrel and it worked well so leaning towards the Metrel TEK775. Cant afford a Megger or Fluke at the moment, Any ideas

I've been thinking of getting one myself, my mate has the metral and he's says it's one of the best bits of kit he's ever bought. I'll be interested in the response this post gets

Well have bitten the bullet and decided to opt for the Di-Log having read a few reviews and posts here and elsewhere on the net. Will see what its like when it arrives. I do a lot of testing so will write a proper review when I`ve used it a few times.

Well the Di-Log arrived this morning and guess what its faulty, the screen keeps dying or not displaying anything at all. ISS are replacing it so the review will have to wait :-(

have heard a few bad comments about the di-log. i got the alphatek 633, and while it's resolution is only down to 1mA, it seems to do the job OK.and it has a built in volt stick, quite useful. apparently this model is now discontinued.

Never had a single problem with my unit, which i purchased about 6 months ago. Never heard of anyone else having problems with them either!! The Di-log out performs the TEK unit hands down, it actually puts some far more expensive units to shame...lol!!! Think your in need of an upgrade yourself Tel. A 1mA resolution is about as accurate as a good MFT ramp test these days....lol!!

Well the Di-Log arrived this morning and guess what its faulty, the screen keeps dying or not displaying anything at all. ISS are replacing it so the review will have to wait :-(

I've had similar issues with the Dilog - same supplier as well. Have had to return 3 in the space of about a fortnight!

A 1mA resolution is about as accurate as a good MFT ramp test these days....lol!!

why is that? i'd be looking at measuring leakage in the order of several mA in the case of an earth leakage fault.anything under 1mA is of no benefit in finding a fault.

A 1mA resolution is about as accurate as a good MFT ramp test these days....lol!!

why is that? i'd be looking at measuring leakage in the order of several mA in the case of an earth leakage fault.anything under 1mA is of no benefit in finding a fault.

That's fine i guess, if all your going to use the unit for, is earth leakage faults on say RCD protected circuits. But not if like me, using it on all sorts of equipment, where getting pretty accurate actual micro A/mA values is an important factor. For example, setting up protection relays on temporary site supplies etc... These unit's can and are capable of far more than just earth leakage measurements, on suspected bad RCD devices...

A very handy bit of test kit all round, in my opinion...

Maybe its a bad batch, have asked them to check the replacement is working this time, did yours come out of the box faulty or did they run OK for a while?

Must be, ...I would have asked them to check the new unit out on the first replacement, before sending it on to me.... But then, i would have expected such a company, that deals in electrical test equipment, to check every item of test equipment out before dispatch....

Must be, ...I would have asked them to check the new unit out on the first replacement, before sending it on to me.... But then, i would have expected such a company, that deals in electrical test equipment, to check every item of test equipment out before dispatch....

Well this is my 1st replacement so hopefully they will have a proper look, heres hoping for a calibration too. We shall see, wont get the replacement until Tuesday so it will be straight out of the box and tested, if it will turn on this time LOL

Reply to Tek 775 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net