Temporary MCB help! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Temporary MCB help! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
Waiting on an MEM memshield RCBO to come home but until it comes home I need a temporary MCB or RCBO to fit. Anbody know what make will fit? It's a MEM 3-phase board.

what is to stop you coming off a MCB in the board and fitting a RCD in enclosure adjacent.? newey's do the memshield MCBs, as i got 1 from them a few weeks ago.

what is to stop you coming off a MCB in the board and fitting a RCD in enclosure adjacent.? newey's do the memshield MCBs, as i got 1 from them a few weeks ago.

I did think about this but when I took the cover off the board there are two wires coming straight off the MCB, one to each socket, always told not to double up on RCD?

Reply to Temporary MCB help! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Ye smaller board (containing the RCBO'S) will literally be next to the MEMSHIELD, And hence the 32A MCB be simply feeding power to a 32A RCBO I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Totally see your logic. I guess it boils down to where we consider the potential break in the CNE to be, how many steps upstream. It follows...
Replies
Views
If two tariffs are sufficient, and you don't need too many ways, you can easily add an SPD kit to the Fusebox F2014DT dual tariff board. The only...
Replies
Views
Stick the socket in a large plastic wall box with hinge and padlock. Give customer letter with key...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks