Test leads | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Test leads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Then buy some new leads :) (Just done this myself - not on a Megger - made a world of difference). If it's not under warranty then they'll be old, if it's been well used. Think of them as consumables. That's why they sell spares. :)

Whatever leads you do get,it may be an idea to use a 4mm port cleaner,as damaged/dirty male connectors may have contaminated your MFT,and new leads will not cure this. If it is more than one lead that requires a "twist",then this would probably be the case. May your ports and bananas couple truly...:stooge_curly:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Test leads

if the above is a bit too large, try cotton buds.

All test leads are crap i got some mega ones like the long thin tips ideal for testing push fit connectors on lights but the leads are giving allsorts of wiard readings and only a few moths old well disapointed

Where do you get a 4mm port cleaner??
...On the stand,between the 3mm and the 5mm...:stooge_curly: only joshin',years back,RS did em',and any instrument supplier or gunsmith would have them on the shelf,but there's two trades the modern world rebuffs...so,i get mine whilst attending any shows featuring old steam vehicles,or even better,model steam,they have a wealth of items such as ports cleaners (bristle,bristle and brass,or brass) riffler files,hand scrapers,thread files,jet reams and broaches etc Never let it be said,i walked past a crusty port,without trying to poke it clean:bow:

...On the stand,between the 3mm and the 5mm...:stooge_curly: only joshin',years back,RS did em',and any instrument supplier or gunsmith would have them on the shelf,but there's two trades the modern world rebuffs...so,i get mine whilst attending any shows featuring old steam vehicles,or even better,model steam,they have a wealth of items such as ports cleaners (bristle,bristle and brass,or brass) riffler files,hand scrapers,thread files,jet reams and broaches etc Never let it be said,i walked past a crusty port,without trying to poke it clean:bow:

Ah!! .... So you're a fellow steam enthusiast?? Good lad!! :)

I took Tidyboiler and the MR2 for a 2 day holiday in Yorkshire last week and visited North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

She now almost understands the workings of Walschaerts valve gear and how to take a half decent photo of a Black 5 simmering in the evening sunlight.[h=3][/h]

Reply to Test leads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net