Testing Mobile Catering unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Testing Mobile Catering unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gm1988

I have just finished wiring up a snack van and obviously need to test and supply a certificate but there really isn't much information on the test certificates for these... do you use the standard installation certificate? Also, as the van will be supplied by a generator, which will be purchased at a later date. So this means there will be no supply to the installation. I have just done the installation from the incoming plug ... do only the dead tests get carried out then? Apologies if im clearly missing something but testing isn't my strong point and any help atall would be greatly appreciated.

afaik, you can only do dead tests, as live test results depend on having a supply and knowing /measuring the supply characteristics.

Doesn't the fixed wiring need to be tested too? And if so, an electrical safety test cert issued?

first he was joking, over a year ago. second, yes you do need to test fixed wiring, but as each site the unit goes to will have different supply characteristics, then you can only do dead tests. any live tests would be invalid, once the unit was moved.

first he was joking, over a year ago. second, yes you do need to test fixed wiring, but as each site the unit goes to will have different supply characteristics, then you can only do dead tests. any live tests would be invalid, once the unit was moved.
I didn't even look at the date he posted it. oops.
I've been asked to do an electrical satey test on a mobile catering unit but it's something I've never done before (never been asked to until now) so while I'm ok with dead testing, I'm unsure which certificate to issue. Is there a specific cert covering mobile units?

just do a normal EICR . if connected to a supply, you can record the live tests, but make a note on the cert. that the readings only apply to the location at which the testing was done. you could for example, have a Ze of 0.3, but take it somewhere else, and it could be anything.

just do a normal EICR . if connected to a supply, you can record the live tests, but make a note on the cert. that the readings only apply to the location at which the testing was done. you could for example, have a Ze of 0.3, but take it somewhere else, and it could be anything.
It'll be running off a generator. Forgive the hundred questions but it's something I've never had to do before.

Reply to Testing Mobile Catering unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net