Testing unusual installations | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Testing unusual installations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In the case when there’s things such as battery storage and an inverter that charges are off-peak times or other things where there may be an inverter all alternative power source what do you do in terms of testing when the manufacturer specifies certain test could not be carried out that you need to do in order for the installation to be deemed safe And what you record on documentation

There are boxes on the test sheets to tick if there are other forms of supply.....

You are only testing the fixed wiring... so between isolators.... you cant connect directly into an invertor or something
You need to shut down any other sources of power, such as batterys.

I have a number of Limitations are part of my Testing work in my current role. I test as much as practicable and not down any limitations on a comments page on the Easycert Software I use.

If you can't switch it off do a live ZS at the furthest point possible and take an R2 or calculate r1+R2 with IR as a limitation.

Reply to Testing unusual installations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

That's a glass half full thought 🤔
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://professional-electrician.com/technical/replacing-a-consumer-unit-in-a-dwelling-niceic/ All circuits should be tested
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have 3rd part signed off, i think, twice. Once for an apprentice who was doing his own place, i followed NAPITs rules to the letter, checking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It sounds like the original meter was reading incorrectly and octopus aren't keen to admit this as they would probably have to refund you. I...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
You would have thought they'd have a switch to flick on and off to engage an override. Not on each PIR but an actual light switch
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks