thinking going domestic route | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss thinking going domestic route in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jonesy83

thinking about going down the dommestic route im sick and tired of turning work down becuase im not part P

so far ive got as quals
2330 lvl 3
nvq lv3 [ just waiting for it to be externally assesed]
am2

what other quals will i need wanting to do the 2391 but just cant afford it at the moment maybe in the next few months

any advice appreciated

Id go into basket weaving , sorry had a bad day , go for you 2391 , 17th edition is a minimum requirement thats where you should start , youll need load of books to .reg on site guid buildng regs memorandon for electrical supplies PLI insurance

go for it

forgot about the 17th :eek:

im due to go on the update course through my training provider according to him i dont need the full course as all my exams were based on the 17th not sure if thats right or not

2391 is something i deffo want and need to do as itl open up so many doors for me as most job adverts only want 2391 sparks

its just an idea in my head at the moment about goin down the domestic route im in industrial at the moment

I'm guessing that you're self employed (as you're turning down work) you could consider doing 2392-10 as a testing qualification, that'll cover what you'd be doing for domestic, then you'll need to get on one of the approved self cert schemes (NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc) ... most of them prefer a VRQ qualification and 17th edition qual (2382).

Anyone in Chesterfield (Derbyshire) area interested in partnership ?

Hi all ,
I'm thinking of starting up a a business doing domestics e.t.c. after 20 years doing industrial work and am looking to see if anyone is interested in perhaps joining me ? I have some funds to put into this for tools , van e.t.c.

Really looking for someone local who has part 'p' and experience of the domestic market.

Anyone interested ?

:)

I'm guessing that you're self employed (as you're turning down work) you could consider doing 2392-10 as a testing qualification, that'll cover what you'd be doing for domestic, then you'll need to get on one of the approved self cert schemes (NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc) ... most of them prefer a VRQ qualification and 17th edition qual (2382).

no not self employed might be when my dad retires (work for my dad) ive suggested to him about going down the domestic route but he doesnt want touch it

just saving up for my 2391 but the way things are going looks like itl be after christmas before i can afford it

cheers for the advice

exteacher thanks for the offer but nothings come about just yet
work commitments in the week keeping me busy if i started working domestic now id only be able work weekends its a long story but not done my 2391 yet as i dont have the money to do it

id be more than happy work weekends for someone but as im not partp yet and not looking to be for atleast another 2 years
if your a partp spark and looking for someone im sure i can helpbut limited to weekend work

Reply to thinking going domestic route in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net