this cant br right? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss this cant br right? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello a collegue was asked to look at job today, single phase supply. light comercial property , which apparently needs a three phase motor to lift a very large roller door.
over the phone he talked about the lack of three phase at this premises and the customer said that there is some kind of inverter / convertor to change to three phase from single????????????!!!!!!!!!

in my minds eye this is impossible!!

im right yes??

if im wrong can sombody point me in the direction of a web site that shows this wonderful contraption??
(im used to single phase house bashing)
cheers mw:):)

hi ive used teco inverters before were a single phase input and 3 phase output motor usualy gets connected in delta depending on how the motor was wound plate on the side tells you, and then sort the control side out teco has a forrward reverse function on it so should work for your door were around £70 hope this helps

Hi,

generally the single phase to three phase invertors work with 230v, so 230v single phase in 230v three phase out.
your motor needs to be a dual voltage type ,230v or 400v wired up accordingly.
i use ABB invertors, 0.55kw for around £100.:)

jpmiff

I would recommend an ABB inverter in my mind its the easiest inverter to se up that I have come across.
Vacon, Danfoss and Siemens are also good but can take some setting up

Reply to this cant br right? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks