three phase transformer wiring | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss three phase transformer wiring in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you are working in a business venture it is doubtful that you can modify this machine and still comply with statute law.
Also, the motors are 110V for a reason as you have trailing flexes between columns, I see many of these in commercial vehicle garages.
They are this way for a reason.
Is the "machine" CE marked?
If so then to comply with the law you cannot modify it without re-CE marking it.
Mind looking at tha control box I doubt is is CE marked as it is such a shambles!
It may do though, on the face of it at least the colour codes seem correct.
You need to sort out the supply side to comply with the law unless you are not bothered.

I can't see no CE markings anywhere.

I had a feeling the machine was 110v due to the mobile nature of the machine. I would rather try and work with what is already there as I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work. Like you say, I could just bodge something together and make it work, But I am not that kind of person. Would rather do it and do it once. As I said before, I am only going to be using the lift once in a while for my own truck because my scissor lifts are not rated for 3.6 ton. I am planning on doing this with my lifts

[ElectriciansForums.net] three phase transformer wiring

If you have seen these in the field, Can you tell me how they did it? Did they have a transformer on the wall ???

Well, I'm biting the bullet and going with my gut feeling. I am pulling the motors and control panels and proceeding to throw them in the bin. Going to convert to a nice and simple standard 415v set up.

Only problem I foresee is the nose of the motors are part of the reduction gearboxes. I have pulled one motor off and by the looks of it the motor shaft machined with the gear for the reduction box.

I have a plan what I am going to do and might involve a few hrs in the machine shop to sort it, but I'll sort it.

I will be starting a new thread regarding the control panels and I am in two minds on how to do it.

I have not had chance to check the guy I know with s similar lift.

However, if you are going down this road then you must understand that it is doubtful that the machine can ever legitimately be used in a commercial undertaking of any sort unless you design it in compliance with the relevant standards, which will almost certainly call for 110V ph-ph motors...

What goes around comes around.

Why did you not just buy a transformer?

Surrender being the path of least resistance, that’s the way I’m heading. I think your being a fool and will end up throwing good money away.

PS. Please don’t kill, maim or generally injure anyone other than yourself!

Surrender being the path of least resistance, that’s the way I’m heading. I think your being a fool and will end up throwing good money away.

PS. Please don’t kill, maim or generally injure anyone other than yourself!

For your information TONY, I don't plan on killing anyone, maiming or injuring anyone. You jump to the conclusion I am going to bodge something together and run risks. You don't know me and you don't know how I plan to do it.

I have had a price for a 2kva transformer and they are talking in excess of £400+ vat and still not know if the rest of the controls will work. I can put on two brand new sealed motors plus all the controls + safety interlocks for less than that and KNOW it will work. All the other mains powered column lifts I have seen have been are 415v 3 phase but the controls are 24v

these lift Don't have to be commercially compliant, but they are for myself and they will exceed the required electrical safety. I don't spend money and think it will work, I spend money and KNOW it will work.

Reply to three phase transformer wiring in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net