TIC and DNC on EDF FiT application form | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss TIC and DNC on EDF FiT application form in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GaryM

I'm looking to get my EDF FiT application form completed and have come across Total Installed Capacity and Declared Net Capacity.
My system is comprised of 16 x 250kW panels (4kWp) and a Fronius IG TL 3.6 inverter. My MCS certificate states 4kW for Declared Net Capacity so I assume I put the same for Total Installed Capacity?
i thought the net figure would have been 3.68kW (16A) as the inverter limits the system.

Your TIC and DNC should both be specified as 3.68 kW. TIC is the critical figure as it is this that defines which FiT tariff band your system is registered in and hence what rate you get paid. The TIC cannot be less than the DNC but almost all systems that are registered have TIC = DNC.

If your inverter is limited to 3.68 kW then I suggest that your MCS certificate has not been filled out with the correct figure.

Probably not, although it could complicate things if you want to extend the array later. If for any reason the DNO decided to cross check their information with the MCS database then if they see you with a DNC of 4kW on the MCS database and you have not had their prior permission then that might raise a hare.

Some electricity providers have been known to reject a form if the mcs certificate says a different dnc to their form.

Thanks all. No plans to ever increase the size of the array so probably best all round to just enter 4kW for both entries.

Reply to TIC and DNC on EDF FiT application form in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net