Tiling hallway through to bathroom but needs to be done in two parts Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tiling hallway through to bathroom but needs to be done in two parts Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tiling hallway through to bathroom but needs to be done in two parts

Hi,

I am planning on getting my hallway tiled and continuing the tiles into the small bathroom off to the left of the hallway (with no door bar or anything so the tiles will just continue into bathroom). I will be getting a tiler to do the work but just wanting to get an idea of how this would best be done as I need to have the bathroom done first and then the hallway later as a result of some other works I’ve got going on.

So visually presumably the best way to do the tiling is such that it is symmetrical in the hallway (tiles are 200x200 and hall way width between skirting is about 950) and that you’d carry on off the side to the left through into the bathroom. Therefore the tiler would effectively have to work out how to do the bathroom by planning it as if was doing hall and bathroom in one go and then cut the bathroom end column tiles accordingly…..I guess by using the hall midpoint and working off that including allowance for grout lines between tiles?

Anyone got any advice on how the above would best be done so that it looks visually correct? Have also attached sketch of layout.

Thks v much

Tiling hallway through to bathroom but needs to be done in two parts for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Tiling hallway through to bathroom but needs to be done in two parts Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
  • Article
Advice please, bathroom fitter has dot and dabbed tiles! Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently...
Replies
Views
Mitchell
M
P
  • Article
Tile on tile Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower installed. The shower is tiled floor to...
Replies
Views
Paul J
P
M
  • Article
Tiling on Universal Shower Bases Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve recently done a...
Replies
Views
Melbourne Builder
M
T
  • Article
600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd? Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
tombo83
T
  • Article
Tile moving and grout breaking Hi fellow forum dwellers, am a distraught customer looking for some advice. We did an extension and got water...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks