Time to move on | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Time to move on in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

smithjim0001

Hi All

I have to say that i have decided to leave the industry and am looking to jump on with BT or virgin media to work on telecoms and broadband dont you all agree that the industry is too much these days.

Has anyone had any experience in these fields

Thanks

James​

Hi All

I have to say that i have decided to leave the industry and am looking to jump on with BT or virgin media to work on telecoms and broadband dont you all agree that the industry is too much these days.

Has anyone had any experience in these fields

Thanks

James​

I haven't, but good luck. I quite enjoy what I do, and as I am mainly domestic with a little commercial I dont get bogged down with all the health and safety malarky and other red tape. The industry has seen better days, but they will return. I am looking at going into training in the next 2 or 3 years as I approach an age where crawling about in lofts etc gets harder, but will still keep my hand in as well as i find it interesting. I would like to teach the 2391, and 17th edition stuff.

Cheers..........Howard

I haven't, but good luck. I quite enjoy what I do, and as I am mainly domestic with a little commercial I dont get bogged down with all the health and safety malarky and other red tape. The industry has seen better days, but they will return. I am looking at going into training in the next 2 or 3 years as I approach an age where crawling about in lofts etc gets harder, but will still keep my hand in as well as i find it interesting. I would like to teach the 2391, and 17th edition stuff.

Cheers..........Howard

pm me howard if you want any info on that mate

Cheers..........Howard

That's what I've ended up doing. Teaching full time now with some consultancy work in between.
I'm quite into photography and would love to work in that direction, but it's just not viable with today's climate.

I heard a few years back that the average person can expect to change jobs 10 to 14 times and also change career several times as well. I reckon most people just get tired and need a change. Plus there is a feeling that the grass might be greener. In my experience decent money helps, but you also have to live within your means and plan for the future, because tomorrow does come.

Widdler, i'm quite keen on photography too and i was reading about your average photographer and it seems that there days can be pretty tedious and stressful as well - probs best to keep it as an enjoyable hobby and stick with what you know especially if it is paying the bills!

Anyway James hope it works out for you.

Reply to Time to move on in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net