Timer Switch / Programmer | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Timer Switch / Programmer in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I registered a few months ago, but this is my first post!

Can anyone on here suggest a decent looking programmable timer switch that will control outside lighting. Preferably with a Stainless Steel look. The best one i have found is Customlight - Energystyle - Products - Elkay, but it will not do LED lights. I contacted Elkay and they say it wont work so that plan was dropped! The idea is for the new programmer to be fitted in the hall way of a very plush house so a naff looking timer is out the question. There is an 8 gang switch adjacent which controls a variety of lights, and there is a feed / neutral and switch wires there which can be easily accessible. I know it may be asking a lot, but i am after something with more than one channel if possible - if not i would add more than one switch! The load itself should not be a problem as one channel is 2 x 50w downlighters (Halogen), another is 8 x 3w LED downlights, then the other is 8 x bricklights, which have those awful energy efficient lamps in - all 11w.

Altering the wiring itself is a no go really! The floors are filled with underfloor heating so i cant lift any boards. The only other thing i can think of is to fit something in the loft where the supply goes to the actual downlights, which would mean there is no way for the home owner to override the lights other than going to the top floor - which he isnt keen on! I had also suggested a photocell, but he doesnt want them on all night!

Another possibilty i had suggested was to replace the LED lights with standard Halogen, but he doesnt want that either - the lamps are quite a height and reliabilty and life of the LED lamps makes him feel better i think!

Hope one of you can help!

All the best for the new year!

Cheers

Short Circuit

thanks for that Malcolm. The Elkay one seems to do the same things - ie bring security lights on gradually, and work as a dimmer. It actually advertises as being for security lights too. That one on the link looks ok, but the actual link for the spec and where to purchase it doesnt work - that may be a temporary problem with the site so i'll try back there in a couple of days

Thanks again

Reply to Timer Switch / Programmer in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net