TN-C-S supply to contruction site | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss TN-C-S supply to contruction site in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

knight1

I have been asked to provide a supply to 2 x containers on a contruction site (1 for materials 1 for tea hut) with sockets for battery chargers etc. The supply at the house to be refurbed/extended is TN-C-S.

Reg 704.411.3.1 prohibits use of TN-C-S unless to a fixed building.

Could these containers, which will not be moved for the duration of the contruction be considered fixed?

yes 2 core cable ..

at the container end..

if its SWA your using then you have to terminate the SWA into a plastic enclosure with an insulating compression gland ( not a standard SWA gland ) and insulating tape to insulate the armor. this is to completely isolate the the cabins from the origin ( and any faults that may appear at the origin and be passed along the armor creating a shock hazard ) connect new earth rod near cabins. obviously the SWA will be earthed as normal at the origin. this also applies to agricutural supplys for new barns etc.

Reply to TN-C-S supply to contruction site in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Trying to understand why car chargers attract this earthing ballache. from what I learnt it's all about the rare times a Neutral / PEN conductor...
Replies
Views
It has not been said in this thread yet as everyone is trying to answer the question about how you are getting a shock. however, the advice that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Eddy, I have discussed with them at length about the loss of power/data but according to them, when they lose power, they keep their mobile...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Classic TNS where the neutral is earthed only at the star point of the transformer is a myth. In reality the DNOs use a system called MEN multiple...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to build a shed in the far RH corner of the rear garden. It will have a reinforced concrete base, wood structure, flat roof and be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks