TN-S or TNC-S | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss TN-S or TNC-S in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi there.

Those constant force springs.

Are they like a wrap around arrangement, you know like you uncoil them and then recoil them around the lead sheath?

I have been looking at some pictures of installation and the pictures are not very clear.

I am not about to do this I am asking out of curiosity.

There are loads of TN-S cables around this area fitted with bonding clamps.

NO you don't uncoil them... You lift the outer free end, place inner face of the spring coil on the cable armouring, and walk/unroll it around the cable. Placing the braided earth conductor under the second and then again under the forth or fifth turn. Always a better job to seal the spring clamp and braid termination with amalgamating tape, or on new installations with a length of glued heatshrink!! These constant pressure spring clamps are also used in many types of buried cable joints, from the heat shrink variety to the poured epoxy types etc...

its cable sheath, (tns) clues- .54, high for pme, and this is not a pme service.

That was my thoughts on this service head earthing arrangement. Obviously a DIY connection, that didn't have a clue what they were doing. Probably thought the Neutral earth connector on the cut out, was a normal earthing point...lol!!
The other give away, is the lack of DNO PME stickers all over the service cut out!!

Reply to TN-S or TNC-S in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net