TOES Sign | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter pedrotheg7
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 7K

Discuss TOES Sign in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pedrotheg7

just been going over some remedial work following a PIR where the tester has listed "no TOES SIGN" and classed it as a nomber 1 what is a toes sign !!!!!

whist a toes sign is an essential part of health and safety at work, i fail to see how it can be coded on a PIR for the electrical installation. which is subject to BS7671, which makes no mention of such signs.

Its a big thing now in buildings toes signs votage signs etc rubber matting all find there way onto the PIR i always noye it done on them aswell just drummed into ya now

many thanks it makes sense now but i dont see how it could be classed as code 1 they also gave a code 1 for CPC and Neturals not sequenced

Due to health and safety reasons incase some gets a shock there should be something in place so you know how to treat that person> crazy i no but its one of those things

This takes me back to my first year apprenticeship when part of the course was first aid and you even did a test of removing a person who was getting 'a shock' off an isolator screwed to the wall using a strategically placed sweeping brush next to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we even had to take it in turns at been shocked!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a tough college.....

Snap i can remember doing something like that i always remember the broom right next to the board where you was ment to be getting blown to pieces lol happy days

Reply to TOES Sign in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net