transformer queries | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss transformer queries in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davelerave

to calculate the contact rating for switching the primary of say a 10kva 400v(2-phase trafo)

do i calculate the FLA-ie: 25amps and use ac-3 rated contacts (or do i need ac-6a)

and are there any particular precautons to be taken regarding 'voltage spike's when switching trafos

Found out what the inrush current is. Plot this on the curve of the graph of the contactor bearing in mind the electrical life
eg. switching operations per day
The inrush could be as large as 15x = 375amp

Reply to transformer queries in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Wrong, there are colour codes for internal panel wiring in the UK - we follow EN 60204-1 not BS7671. e.g. AC control is red, DC control is blue...
Replies
Views
Just stick the 63amp fused connector before the Henley block , or Lucy block as you call it, and your all good, as for your 2nd point, , the...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, thanks for your reply, sorry I forgot about the size. Please excuse the crudeness of my test bench. Here's how it looks next to my clamp...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok Dave thanks, no more accidents yet 🙏😂….
    • Informative
    • Winner
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks