Trimax SM-3500 Sat finder | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Trimax SM-3500 Sat finder in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Quick question
We are regularly asked by customers to put in sat cable to new builds, re-wires and as a stand alone job.

Up to now we have always put in the cable and then left the final fix to satellite installers.

What is galling is that often we see an installer come in, make a few connections to our cables and charge like wounded bulls when we have done 90% of the work.

So I am thinking of buying a sat meter and also a digital TV meter.

I have been looking at the Trimax sm3500 for the satellite work and wondered if anyone else had one of these. Also any suggestions about Digital TV meters would be appreciated. Also are there any books or courses out there, I appreciate its simple enough but I am always happier to be fully clued up about things.

Thanks

That meter looks like the dog's ********. It's massive advantage over general 'noise' meters is that you can program it for the satellite you want, it will make life so much easier for you. Additionally with the channel quality function you can look at individual channel issues rather than just having a global perspective.
I won't comment on DTT meters as I don't see how anyone can get by without a spectrum analyser but I am old fashioned and stuck in my ways! For simple alignment they obviously serve their purpose, if only every job were simple! Then again that is when you employ an aerial installer with his very expensive equipment which gives him detailed information about what is going on in the uhf spectrum.
Things are a lot easier since the advent of digital. It is 'simple enough' when it is simple what with error correction data being transmitted and in most cases you will be able to provide an extra service for your customers. However and as with everything, there is nothing to beat experience but having a couple of good meters will definitely help

Reply to Trimax SM-3500 Sat finder in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net