Two way two wire switching | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Two way two wire switching in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ohmeelectrical

We have come across an installation with only two core cable supplying both switches, the earth is not used and only common and l1 are used on both switches. Can anybody supply a diagram of the wiring of such a system?

We have come across an installation with only two core cable supplying both switches, the earth is not used and only common and l1 are used on both switches. Can anybody supply a diagram of the wiring of such a system?

Is it domestic or industrial does it function as a two way switch, finally are you certain only two conductors at each switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is domestic, appeared to work as a two way arrangement and has definitely got only two wires to each switch. I have searched through all my paperwork and can't see anything like it. I can't understand how it could possibly work.

Sounds like half a 2 way or half a job, will only work if both switches are in the correct position. Come across this a couple of times DIY speciallity.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Two way two wire switching
    Missing strapper.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 66

Reply to Two way two wire switching in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

"It works" and "it's safe" are not necessarily the same thing. With DIY work, they are often far from the same thing.
Replies
Views
Furthermore, as the left hand switch will currently not do anything, I'd try the loose brown in here:
Replies
Views
I'm just trying to understand the current your suggested relay needs to handle. Surely the above is not the running current of the lamp? That...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Can you do a sketch of the wires and their connections but @littlespark is probably correct.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Interesting that Avo 8 has brought Legrand into the conversation, as it certainly could be done with the Legrand IP55 switches I've used for about...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks