Tyre changer motor help | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tyre changer motor help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys new here and could do with picking a few brains if pos i have a tyre machine single phase with 0.75kw motor in it the lad who i got it of said it he fitted a new motor and was told it was the corret one witch in his defence says on the tyre machine plate 0.75kw but when you start to take the tyre off you have to help it round abit just to get it going the belt is not slipping as i tuck the motor off and tryed it off and a bit ov wood on it if been told the capacitors are ok so what elce can i do as the next motor up has a different base ill attach a pic of the capacitors could these be up rated any info would be grand

[ElectriciansForums.net] Tyre changer motor help

The run cap looks pretty new, when you buy a new start capacitor make sure it has the same voltage rating as the original in this case 300v ac or higher.

Centrifugal switch may be worth checking
Yeah I thought this but when he said new motor I dismissed it but maybe not so new. The cf switch disconnects the start winding when hits a certain speed then it just runs on the main winding. It is possible it is stuck open.

Thanks guys i think iv got it amate whos a sparky just charged both the capacitors with his meater the white one shorted out but the black starter one wouldnt charge up to short out so must be that he said lol

Surely if the start capacitor and the wire had separated for the solder the turn table wouldnt start up what so ever in my case it was old when it had a bit resistance ie a tyre it wouldnt turn it started up with out anything on it was a bit starting for few seconds but it still started i hope it is the capacitor but im not convinced to be honest

The start capacitor may not have totally broken down and it is not impossible for the motor to spin. Was the cf switch closed or open, it should be closed in a stationary motor. Replace the capacitor and go from there.

It was closed and free just one ov the wirrs had parted fron the solder it may of done it as it was separated but i was very carfull with is so i dont no but if so it was very week the man in the motor shop who tested it befor said it was ok so i think he was just trying to knock anew motor in to me lol but ill sharp see as im geting a new start capacitor tomorrow fingers crossed

If the correct capacitor was fitted and being new, I would expect it to be in good nick
There may very well be a fault on the winding itself,maybe it didn't show up previously because of the wire disconnected on the centrifugal switch

You will need to test that winding to check for short or earth fault
your spark mate should have a suitable meter

Reply to Tyre changer motor help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net