Currently reading:
Underfloor heat pipe specification and pipe centres and radius bends. Discussion Thread

Discuss Underfloor heat pipe specification and pipe centres and radius bends. Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is an RSS feed of thread: Underfloor heat pipe specification and pipe centres and radius bends.

Content of the thread: In my attempt to future proof my underfloor heating design to maximise the heat output at the lowest possible mean water temperature, I am planning pipe 16mm dia pipe centres at 133mm governed by the nature of the installation (3 pipes per space between floor supports at 400 mm ctrs. - Serpentine layout.
I would welcome any advice on the best possible pipe spec or brand for this approach so alleviate any issues with bend radius on the pipe.

My second option is to move to a 200mm pipe centre layout scenario ( 2 pipe per space between floor support at 400 mm ctrs. Again any advice on the best possible pipe spec or brand would be appreciated.

The concluding question is the heat output gain via 133mm pipe centres again 200mm pipe centres ,at the same mean water temperature is difficult to calculate ref differing floor constructions . Maybe the simple answer here is to raise the mean water temperature a few degrees under the 200mm pipe centre option to achieve same output of the 133mm pipe centre option.

hope all this make sense , and any advice from practical experience would be much appreciated.

Underfloor heat pipe specification and pipe centres and radius bends. to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Underfloor heat pipe specification and pipe centres and radius bends. Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock