Underground resin joint | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Underground resin joint in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

panicoll

Hi gents

I am looking for some help with torrpedo joints. I have done a basic stright through one before but this job they want to install one new lamppost but not dig up the whole car park.
So anyway i was thinking of using a Y type which i was sure they made them but i have found them.

Any one used these before any tips on Y Branch Resin Cable Joints ?

thanks paul

I was thinking something along the lines of this
[ElectriciansForums.net] Underground resin joint

But open to ideas, I just thought i couldkeep the old cable straight because its going to be tight.

if using this type of joint pay particular attention to your earth continuity and tape around the sides and entry holes to prevent leakage

Y joints are a pain unles you have a wee bit slack on the cable I see its a lamppost your feeding couldnt you split the cable and extent either side into the coloum might be easier to terminate the joints?? Also you will probably find that wholesalers dont keep "Y"s in stock good luck n if your needin a hand gi me a shout

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Underground resin joint in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Ha ha, I like the way the mole appeared right on cue in the right place. It might work in some soils, but around here it could go anywhere after...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ooh you synic! (Regrettably I agree, the only exception in my experience has been some stupidly expensive "designer" lights in a mansion I did...
Replies
Views
My girlfriend has a cousin who has lived in Japan for at least 15 years teaching English yet he can barely speak their language.
    • Informative
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you all for the kind and honest replies. It’s a life lesson I’ll keep with me for a very long time. There’s so much rapport regarding bad...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks