Unisulated Crimps | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Unisulated Crimps in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GT1

Sorry, I know it's a basic question.
But I have to use some uninsulated crimps on some 16mm soon and I've never had to use them up to yet.
My question is about how to insulate the connection afterwards.

Heat shrink ?

Ah that's great. Was thinking that would do the trick. What is self setting tape ?? I've heard it mentioned. I think !

If it's the same as self amalgamating i think its tape that sort of melts and merges into itself when you wrap it, so it becomes a solid but flexible piece. That's a guess though I've never used it, they sell it everywhere though.

heat shrink or cold shrink, cold shrink dosent require a heat source (obviously) so probably a bit quicker

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I know it's a basic question.
But I have to use some uninsulated crimps on some 16mm soon and I've never had to use them up to yet.
My question is about how to insulate the connection afterwards.

Heat shrink ?

Just a note mate. If the join your making is one that can't be accsessed for maintenance ie behind plaster make sure you use a compression crimper to do it :).

"sometimes called a helleman. you can buy special pliars to put them on with."

yes I know them pliers, but by a different name,don't want to be banned from this forum!

Reply to Unisulated Crimps in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Went into an MCCB, terminated very nicely thank you very much, however it was just me doing some training with crimping. 'introducing extra point...
Replies
Views
I have a 13v AC transformer, to which wire numbers should I connect it to without destroying the windings. This was an old arc welder with a...
Replies
Views
Installers must examine the energy device and required connection to determine whether the Distribution Network Operator needs to be informed...
Replies
Views
As a trainee, one of the things I've tried to focus on to deepen my interest in the world of electrics, is the space for creativity. I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think a 3 legged breakout boot would be your best bet in the circumstances.
Replies
Views
davesparks
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks