Upgrading 100 amp panel | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Upgrading 100 amp panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I am changing out my 100 amp panel to a bigger 100 amp square d QO for more spaces. the problem I have is there is an attached crouse Hinds meter socket. I can't figure out how to take off the cover to remove the meter? Does anyone know how the meter cover is attached to the box? its and older style ring type. When I pull on the meter it appears the cover is coming with it? Thanks for any advice.

Hi I am changing out my 100 amp panel to a bigger 100 amp square d QO for more spaces. the problem I have is there is an attached crouse Hinds meter socket. I can't figure out how to take off the cover to remove the meter? Does anyone know how the meter cover is attached to the box? its and older style ring type. When I pull on the meter it appears the cover is coming with it? Thanks for any advice.
Harry you are not allowed to mess with that meter, if the power company finds out that you are tampering with their meter you could actually go to jail or at the least get fined hundreds of dollars and have your power disconnected. To do what your wanting you need to draw a permit and hire a licensed electrician. No pictures should up. I’m sorry but I can’t advise you any further

Reply to Upgrading 100 amp panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net