ups | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss ups in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

peteludman

how dose a ups work ?
are the batts being charged and you get power from batts ,or a instant change over whan there is a powercut,:confused: how dose it work that its uninterupted power?

The ups basically operates as a AC-DC-AC converter. The input normally is a 3-phase AC which is converted to a regulated DC by a 3-phase fully controlled SCR bridge rectifier. This DC powers up the inverter and charges the battery bank too. The inverter converts this DC back into AC. The AC output is stabilized to nullify any variance caused by input variance or variance due to the static inverter circuit. In case of AC input failure: the load is transferred on to the battery's DC supply & the battery powers up the inverter and thus the critical load till it fully dscharges or till the AC input power comes back on, whichever first. Thus the single phase AC supply is maintained uninterrupted.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
The ups basically operates as a AC-DC-AC converter. The input normally is a 3-phase AC which is converted to a regulated DC by a 3-phase fully controlled SCR bridge rectifier. This DC powers up the inverter and charges the battery bank too. The inverter converts this DC back into AC. The AC output is stabilized to nullify any variance caused by input variance or variance due to the static inverter circuit. In case of AC input failure: the load is transferred on to the battery's DC supply & the battery powers up the inverter and thus the critical load till it fully dscharges or till the AC input power comes back on, whichever first. Thus the single phase AC supply is maintained uninterrupted.:D
Good explanation

Reply to ups in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net