Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter benawhile
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 174

Discuss Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap Hi
We have a small utility cupboard for a washing machine with a standard washing machine waste kit installed as shown. Excuse my poor draughtsmanship. For complicated reasons we need to raise the floor as shown but this means we obviously need to raise the washing machine waste trap.

The shaded area is how the team of builders that built the bathroom section, which is an extension on a beam and block floor, left things. I am not precisely sure of the below ground arrangement but they did put in the soil stack as shown. There is a shower and w c not shown. The w. machine waste actually joins up with the shower waste before joining the soil pipe.

Then the plumber took over and installed the washing machine waste kit.

After researching for issues of self siphoning etc before I raise the P trap it looked as though the installation is more of an S trap than a P trap due to the downward bend immediately after the P trap. In fact if I raise the P trap as I mean to, just by a few inches, there will be an additional step, I don't see any other way of doing it.

But in any case it seems to me there should be a local AAV just after the P trap. Is that correct? But I can't find any washing machine waste kits that incorporate one.

Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Using an AAV for washing machine waste trap plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net