Using existing oven circuit for 2 ovens | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Using existing oven circuit for 2 ovens in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

willp1985

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, Can 2 double ovens both 6.3kw (12.6kw combined) go onto an existing circuit which is 10mm2 t&e, 45a DP switch, 10m length into a 32a MCB at CU?

Haven’t employed an electrician yet to be able to calculate and want to buy the 2 ovens with our new kitchen on the finance. Really hoping one of you helpful lot can help me out.

10m isn’t a long length, but is any of it completely buried in insulation? That can reduce the current carrying capacity of the cable.

Are you sure it’s 10 and not 6mm?

You could also upgrade the mcb to 40A, 32A can happily supply 4mm cable.

Ideally, a second circuit could be installed and have the ovens on separate feeds.

10m isn’t a long length, but is any of it completely buried in insulation? That can reduce the current carrying capacity of the cable.

Are you sure it’s 10 and not 6mm?

You could also upgrade the mcb to 40A, 32A can happily supply 4mm cable.

Ideally, a second circuit could be installed and have the ovens on separate feeds.
Hi thanks for the reply, it is definitely 10mm2 as can see it written on the outer. It goes through the roof rafters with no insulation and then down a stud wall that I think has PIR insulation in it so not sure if the cable is behind that on the cold side or on the warm side. I could get electrician to put a new circuit in but will mean taking plasterboard etc down so would rather not if what’s there is sufficient?

Reply to Using existing oven circuit for 2 ovens in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net