Currently reading:
Using SWA for DC side of Solar PV Installation

Discuss Using SWA for DC side of Solar PV Installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

duncanfc1980

Hi All,

I've surveyed a site for a solar PV install which is 170m from the consumer unit so will require underground cables from the field to the house (approx 140m buried). Is there such a thing as DC-rated SWA cable? I'm worried about induction occurring between the conductors and the armour on standard SWA, has anyone experienced this?

Many thanks

Duncan

SWA DC cable does exist.

However, why not put the inverter next to the panels? Most are rated for outdoor use.

Thanks for the replies. The customer rents the property so they're extremely keen on having a monitoring system like the Sunny Webbox which only has a range of 100m. I guess we could run a data cable that distance as a next option.

The cable costs would be cheaper using 2-c 10mm2 SWA cable to the house (DC) as opposed to 3-c 16mm2 cable for AC so i thought i'd look at the option of running that distance with DC but can't find too much info on using SWA cable to do this...

what size system is to be installed? as it is a 1% volt drop on the ac circuit for my last job a 4kw system ground mount at 100m from the mains in the house, i have used 35mm 2 core swa

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Using SWA for DC side of Solar PV Installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock