Van security | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Van security in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gazthesparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have a new van or should I say a new to me transit

I'm needing to kit it out roof rack and internal stuff which is fine but I'm looking at fitting extra locks to increase security so just looking for some opinions suggestions from people

So what have people gone for I'm thinking just dead locks but not sure if I should fit slam locks instead.

Has anyone brought them and fitted them themselfs or is it not worth the hassle of fitting yourself are they easy enough to fit ?

I'm thinking of just doing the side door and rear doors on my transit as the cab is separated by the ford factory fit baulk head or should I do all 5 doors ?

I'm also going to fit loom gaurds to the doors as although I believe ford have fixed the issues of the doors unlocking when the loom is cut its still a headache is some numpty try's to cut it to get in

Any suggestions or recommendations welcome any good suppliers to get them from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need a passenger.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Van security

I had a 2010 when new and lost the brand new spare wheel and a colleague parked at the side of me lost his as well.

Have they toughened up the spare wheel hanger?

As an Amazon Associate Electricians Forums may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
I had a 2010 when new and lost the brand new spare wheel and a colleague parked at the side of me lost his as well.

Have they toughened up the spare wheel hanger?

No I haven't toughened up the hanger that's the van I've got a 2010 transit I have already removed the spare wheel and chucked it inside for that very reason

How do you toughen up the hanger is it a case of covering up the winch cable with some metal so it carnt be cut ??

Eventually want to put the tyre back underneath but want to secure it properly

And tel I would love to get a passenger hahah but carnt due to work commitments lol

I thought you weren't allowed to smile in passport photos Tel [emoji6]

I bought my deadlocks from Locks4vans, came with full fitting instructions and were easy to fit.

Did you I guess it's a case of cutting a hole in the body work for the locks

Did you get dead locks or slam locks ?

Did you just do the back of the van or the cab aswell?

Mul-T-lock, got them fitted on my vans. British gas fit them in there's.

There not cheap, but there good and they work. As I had an attempted break in, they bent the door right back but could not get past the lock.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

ive just had deadlocks fitted on my caddy- Side and Rear. The cab has a full bulkhead so i didn't bother. When im on site i leave the locks unlocked and just use key etc as it becomes a pain. When I'm out and about or at home i use the locks. Slamlocks are good but a pain if you need to get in and out a lot. I had some spare change and got the t-series thatcham accredited ones from locks 4 vans. They installed on site and did a top job.

Reply to Van security in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net