Voltage drop on domestic lighting circuit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Voltage drop on domestic lighting circuit in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dan35

Hi all , at work today I was doing some live testing on an existing installation all readings were fine until I came to the lighting circuit . At the last light I was taking a ZS reading and the voltage reading was coming up as 140-146 volts I then checked all lights on the circuit and got the same reading , this in turn meant that my tester was not providing me with a ZS reading.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why there would be such a voltage drop on one particular circuit?
(by the way this is a downstairs flat with six lights so i dont think length of circuit is an issue)
any help much appreciated
Dan

Reply to Voltage drop on domestic lighting circuit in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views
Hello What was the conclusion of your problem?
Replies
Views
  • Question
No live and neutral at the wall. But that would be the switch live right?
Replies
Views
  • Question
How many lighting circuits using LEDs actually end up with a cable having to be over-sized for voltage drop? By quick calculation if you have a...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
My tester goes up to 2000M ohms and even on brand new wiring it rarely hits that target, sometimes it will show something random like 1746 or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks