W2D1 - Do I need one? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss W2D1 - Do I need one? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Week 2, Day 1.
Been relaxing in our chalet near Minehead, thinking about life and what do do when I retire. I had planned on quiting at the end of the year but looking at the woodwork on the chalet that needs to be replaced it looks like I'll be working another year to pay for it.
Anyway, one of the toys I really fancy getting myself for retirement is a 3D printer but where do you start? Should I buy a cheap one just to see what I think or spend a lot more and then find I don't use it? I would like somthing with a pretty high resolution but they are dearer. So, time to start looking around. But where do you look? Shopping online you cant see the results but theres not many places where you can go to get advice and actually look at the things. Oh well, still got some time to ponder over it.

We have been through this debate at my local branch of the Men's Shed charity. It always seems to be the case that if you buy enrty-level gear you end up upgrading. We now have a laser cutter, a 3D printer and a CNC machine and it's clear that these need to be at least the level we have, which is reasonably high.
Maybe if you have a branch near you, you could pop in and enquire and get a demo and some hands-on advice too.

Reply to W2D1 - Do I need one? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

You’re quite right… the charger is in the car…. The “charge point” is screwed to the wall. And just to be pendantic, “solar” means anything to do...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the advice, this is just what I was looking for. I think I’ll have to put some thought into the domestic route due to the NVQ and...
Replies
Views
I did my NVQ a couple of years back now and as I was a sole trader as a mate, I was my employer, so they just let me sign both bits
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your primary concern here is the service wire being #8 aluminum, which, as you mentioned, is typically rated for 40 amps. For a 100 amp panel or...
Replies
Views
Yes the first bit is just standard wiring, TNS lead cable into cut-out, cut-out to meter, meter to DP isolator, top of isolator is sealed as per...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks