wade88 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss wade88 in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

Your PM box is full
The answer is
If the belts are “squealing” then the chances are they are worn or glazed. Glazing is when the surface of the belt has been hot and the material has hardened. For the belt tension get yourself a Fenner tension gauge.

squealing belts!! :)

a what guage?? lol shifter and a good squeeze of the belt till it felt right and did not bounce...! lol

probably the reason we replaced them every 5 -6 months..!

Durham, I’ve never used a gauge (I’ve got one) but if you’ve never been shown how to set belts by eye and feel you need that little tool. I’ve worked with fitters that were a down right menace setting tension, if Jock set them they were like banjo strings. You could play a tune on them. We changed motors on his plant as regular as clockwork, shaft sheared off.

Reply to wade88 in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good one . Thanks. I was finding Fluke etc £££!
Replies
Views
SOLVED Thanks for all the help. It was nothing to do with the smoke detector. In this new hole (where there will be a light fitting) three white...
Replies
Views
So what are your thoughts? Over 100 schools in England closed, 40 or so in Scotland after a building material with a projected lifespan of 30-40...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Perhaps it's no longer economically viable to produce elements for this oven and they decided to supply something that would work with slight...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
I believe that if some how can go up on your wire size from the transformer to your place it would make a huge difference in your voltage...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks